About Malti B Lee
“I paint expressive flowers against abstract backgrounds, punctuated with architectural detail from across cities and cultures. My works are studies of the fusion between natural and urban environments, told through a carefully balanced construction of colour, texture and form. Having lived exclusively in the hustle and bustle of metropolitan cities, pockets of vibrant flowers against the urban landscape have always brought me moments of joy, calmness and reflection. I paint to share these experiences with my audience.
My works explore these ideas through floral and historical architectural motifs, individually and blended together. I leverage my experiences across the US, Europe and Asia to create a narrative for each piece before putting brush to canvas. Then, I create expressive and rhythmic abstract backgrounds that capture the energy and emotion of the city, layering in elements of nature to tell my story. I create a moment for my audience to pause and notice the beauty in the world around them.” – Malti
Malti B Lee is a contemporary British Indian artist from London, England. Now based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, California, she specialises in acrylic painting, though experiments with a variety of mediums to continue evolving her style. Drawing inspiration from her experiences living and working across continents, Malti combines elements from both natural and urban landscapes with a recent focus on floral motifs. She has had a long-standing passion for the fine arts and is self-taught.
With a degree in Physics from the University of Cambridge and a PhD from University College London, Malti has always sought to understand the wonder of the complex world around her. She has pushed the limits of this through both her academic and creative pursuits. Following her academic career, Malti moved into management consulting for several years advising companies across America, Europe and the Middle East before moving to pursue her passion for painting.
Malti is an avid traveler, speaks Spanish, and is now learning Korean. She enjoys fishing, hiking, playing the piano, cooking, reading and dancing salsa and bachata in her spare time.
Today, Malti’s works are enjoyed internationally across private collections in the United Kingdom, France, Korea and the United States.
- Art Ark Gallery, San Jose, CA, ‘More the Merrier’, Nov 2022
- Hunt & Gather Gallery, San Francisco, CA, ‘Native’, Invited Artist, Oct – Dec 2022
- The Collab Factory, Newark CA, Invited Artist, Aug 2022
- Far Out Gallery, San Francisco CA, ‘Flowers’, Jun-Jul 2022
- Sat 25 Sep 22, group public art project, ‘The Mission Kiss’, San Francisco CA
Art festivals and fairs
- Sat 15 – Sun 16 Oct 22: Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival, CA
- Sat 17 – Sun 18 Sep 22: Santa Clara Art & Wine Festival, CA
- Sat 10 – Sun 11 Sep 22: Mountain View Art & Wine Festival, CA
- Sat 6 – Sun 7 Aug 22: Fremont Festival of the Arts, CA
- Mon 4 Jul 22: Rose, White & Blue Festival and Parade, San Jose, CA
- Sun 3 Jul 22: Alameda Summer Art Fair & Makers Market, CA
Join my Collector’s Club
Be the first to hear about new releases, get the behind-the-scenes, and receive member exclusive bonuses like this month’s print giveaway!
You’ll get an update from me about twice a month.
I promise not to bombard you with emails – I hate my inbox getting flooded too!